Saturday, April 30, 2016

Paper Bag Album - Family

Hey there, everyone!  It's Karen Letchworth posting today, and I'm so grateful that you've stopped by.  Today I'm sharing a sweet paper bag mini album I created using lots of great trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Paper bag albums are easy and fun.  This album has many pages, so I will only post here the pages of my album that include ribbon.  You can see the additional pages on my blog, My Cup Runneth Over.
This is the cover of my album.  As you can see.....I put a big red rose on the cover.  This is actually a Wild Orchid Crafts 40mm Tea Rose from the Mixed Reds Collection, and is one of the darker reds in the selection.  All the roses in this package are just SO sweet.  It made the perfect accent to the cover of my album, and they come in several color assortments.
This is the second page of my mini album.  I added a smaller envelope to the middle of my album (giving me a total of four additional pages/sides to decorate) which is slightly smaller/shorter than my paper bag album, so I had to use a paper clip to hold the pages while photographing.  This second page (which is the first page of the inner envelope - does that make sense....LOL) has some sweet Gold Metallic Baker's Twine that is wrapped several times around a small wooden jar.  Baker's twine is just a great way to add an extra touch to something and kick it up a notch.
Page three (above) includes a doily, stickers, Melissa Frances rub-on (heritage), a chipboard (notes) piece, a photo space, and a die-cut felt flower and leave.  Inside the felt flower, I added a chipboard button and I threaded some Blue Solid Baker's Twine through the holes of the button.  It really made the chipboard button POP!
This (above) is actually page five of the mini album, but it happens to be the next page that has Really Reasonable Ribbon on it (or any ribbon for that matter - I wouldn't use anything else).  I ran a long length of the Solid Red Baker's Twine around the left-hand side of my card and tied it into a hanging knot.
Here is page six - the final page of my album (other than the boring back side of the album which I didn't photograph, but you can see in some of the photos).  I added a journalling spot, left room for a photograph, added some ruler paper, a PTI decorative border trim, and a length of Debra Natural Crochet Lace on the right-hand side of my page.
The really nice thing about using paper bags to create albums is that they come with built in pockets (the inside flaps of the bags themselves), so you get an automatic place to store photos, tuck in some journalling, etc.  I created this tag for one of the pockets and tied it with the AWESOME 2 1/2" Cotton Blend Plain Ribbon.  You may also notice that I tied the mini album shut with this same 2 1/2" Cotton Blend Plain Ribbon.  This has become one of my most favorite trims at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  It can be very easily ripped/torn into narrower strips giving it many more uses; and I just LOVE the shabby look it lends to my projects.

Really Reasonable Ribbon has so many great ribbons, trims, laces, flowers, leaves and more that will enhance all your projects.  I encourage you to stop by today and do some shopping.  We'd also love to have you play along in our FUN CHALLENGE that's taking place now on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.

Oh, and don't forget that there are SEVERAL more pages of this album on my blog if you'd like to see them.

Happy ribbony crafting, everyone!
Karen Letchworth


1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say